When I compared all the best third party email clients a couple of months ago, Evomail was one that didn’t really register as a valid challenger for the ‘best email app’ crown. Since then, the developers have been on something of a mad rush. With a good few major updates in relatively short time, it’s quickly become one of the best on the market.
Its latest update to version 1.2.4 adds even more features to solidify its place as a genuine Mail.app replacer.
From the App Store description:
* NEW: Aliases are here for your Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud and IMAP accounts! Don’t forget that these must be validated through your service in order to work.
* NEW: The contact selector on iPhone now sorts by last name.
* NEW: Unified inbox will now remember the last account you selected during compose.
* FIXED: You’ll no longer crash when applying a label on iPhone.
* FIXED: Adding new accounts and switching to unified inbox should now load properly.
* AND: General stability improvements!
Having seen its development over this year, it’s now persuaded me that I need to download it again and give it another go. Since downloading iOS 7 beta, I’ve been using nothing but the new, standard Mail app. However, I’m always looking at ways to improve my emailing experience. Tweet me: @TiP_Cam to see how I’m getting on.
To download the app, hit this link, or just check the App Store for updates if you already have it installed.