iPhone 5 boasts 75% of North American 4G web traffic for newer smartphones

13.06.27-Chitika_4G

Popular ad network Chitika has just published a new report that explains just how popular the iPhone 5 is for 4G web browsing. According to the company, which has released a bunch of similar reports in recent months, the iPhone 5 accounts for a bit over three quarters of North American 4G web traffic from devices released after July 2012.

What’s more, if you throw all 4G-enabled smartphones into the equation, the iPhone 5 boasts a 40% market share! This data was collected via tens of millions of smartphone-based ad impressions on Chitika’s network from June 1 to June 13 of this year.

Surprisingly, the study also revealed that only 30% of active smartphones in the U.S. and Canada are 4G-capable, with the other 70% running on 3G or 2G networks.

Aside from the iPhone 5, other standouts in the 4G web traffic category included the Samsung Galaxy S4, the HTC One, the LG Nexus 4, and both BB10 BlackBerry smartphones.

I can’t say I’m surprised by this information. In almost every report or study about smartphone-based web traffic, Apple’s iOS devices come out on top, despite the numerous reports of late that Apple has lost its touch. What do you think – will we start to see a decline in Apple’s smartphone reign before long? Comment down below or weigh in on twitter @TiP_Jake.

 

Via: AppleInsider

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,