This week jailbreak news has been pretty slow. Apple released iOS 6 beta 3 which means Redsn0w was update to support the jailbreak. Keep in mind the current Redsn0w is not made to install cydia and is recommended for developers only.
Another utility updated this week was aTV, the update aTV received was a lot larger and allowed for many new things for Apple TV owners. The change log looks like this:
- Added trakt.tv integration (scrobbling and ratings)
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) - an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
For owners of the Apple TV and aTV flash this is nice large update and should provide a very enjoyable experience for users of fire core’s awesome utility.
This week the tweak that grabbed my eye and won the tweak of the week was “AnyLock”. This interesting jailbreak app allows for you to add any widget or icon you would like to your lock screen allowing you to have quick access to your most important data. However it does carry a price tag of $1.99. Personally I think AnyLock would do better at $0.99 price point, but it’s still worth checking out.
Well that’s it for this week. Hopefully next week we’ll have some more exciting jailbreak news to report.