As you all know, the release of Apple’s Mac OS, Mountain Lion 10.8 is due for release this month. Apple have just published instructions for the update on their website, which you can read here.
Perhaps the most important piece of information you will be looking for is compatibility, so here we go:
To successfully update, your Mac must be one of the following:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
If you’re not sure about your Mac, simply click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, then select “About This Mac” and click on More Info.
Are you looking forward to Mountain Lion? Be sure to comment below with your thoughts!