A video on Twitter created by Brianna Olivas has gone viral today as it depicts an iPhone 7 Plus catching fire. The damage was so bad that it started burning away the case that was on the phone.

Apple has responded to the video. In a statement shared by Mashable, an Apple spokesperson said that the company has contacted Olivas and is investigating the issue.

“We are in touch with the customer and looking into it.”

On Olivas end, she said that the device was acting up before it “blew up” the next day. She said that the device refused to turn on so she visited an Apple Store, which told her that everything was fine after running multiple tests.

It wasn’t until the next day where everything went wrong. Olivas told Mashable that she was asleep with her phone charging when her boyfriend picked it up and it began smoking.

“The next morning I was asleep with my phone charging next to my head, my boyfriend grabbed the phone and put it on the dresser. He went the the restroom and from the corner of his eye he saw my phone steaming and heard a squealing noise.

By the time he got over to the phone it had already caught fire, he quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom. As soon as he threw it in the restroom is blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone.”

Since then, she has turned the phone into Apple, who is now testing the device and expects to return it within a week or so.

So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning 🤗 was not even using it, literally no explanation for this pic.twitter.com/sQ8CJt4Y69

— Bree✨ (@briannaolivas_) February 23, 2017

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *