Along with other releases going out today, Apple has released macOS 10.12.1 to the public. Just like watchOS 3.1, and tvOS 10.0.1, macOS 10.12.1 doesn’t appear to have any new features, aside from supporting the new, unreleased Macs that we expect Apple to announce later this week.
According to the release notes, however, Apple has some notable fixes to the operating system. Here’s the list:
– Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus
– Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents
– Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account
– Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard
– Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch
– Improves security and stability in Safari
The update can be downloaded via the Mac App Store or via the Apple > App Store menu.