Well this is welcome, but long overdue. Adobe has just updated its Photoshop Touch application for the iPad to support the Retina display of the 3rd generation. They also added in some new features such as a few new gestures, support for Photo Stream, and more. Here is the full changelog via the App Store:
• Retina Display Support: See your images like never before with the Retina display on the new iPad (third generation).
• Higher resolution capabilities: Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize
• Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker
• New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap)
• New pixel nudging mode for precise movements
• Support for Apple Photo Stream
• Various bug fixes
You can see that it’s a fairly good update. My only complaint is that it took far too long to update this app for the Retina display. Adobe is a professional design company, you’d think it would be able to update its application that is targeted at design relatively quickly. May just be me though.
What do you think? Do you use the Photoshop Touch app? Glad to see it finally support the Retina display? Let us know in the comments.