Today, Instagram has announced it will begin rolling out version 6.0 of the popular photo sharing app. The update includes a number of photo-editing tools as Instagram aims to be your only photo app.
“We wanted to give people the ability to play with photos and not have to pay,” Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom told Re/code in an interview. “We think it will be amazing for pros and fun for the casual user.”
What’s New in Version 6.0.0
The Instagram you love, now with 10 new photo-editing tools!
* Double-tap on filters to adjust the filter strength
* Perfect your composition with Adjust and Vignette
* Enrich colors with Warmth and Saturation
* Adjust lights and darks with Brightness, Contrast, Highlights and Shadows
* Make your photos crisp and clear with Sharpen
* It’s now easier to upload and share videos
* Improved design and bug fixes
A video posted over at The Verge shows Instagram version 6.0 in operation, giving us an indication of how the new photo-editing tools will work.
Version 6.0 does not yet seem to be showing up in the App Store for everyone just yet, but the app can be downloaded here and will be eligible for the update as soon as it is available.
Source: Instagram blog