The third party Twitter client market is virtually a two-horse race. Either you use Tweetbot or Twitterrific. Personally, my app of choice is the former, since I use the same client on Mac and love the cloud-syncing feature. But, I went through a long phase of using the colorful alternative, and it’s just been updated with some much needed features.
Twitterrific 5 has been refreshed today. Version 5.6 includes the following:
• Live streaming of timelines over wifi (enable in settings)
• List management
- add/remove lists
- add/remove users from lists
- edit list details and privacy settings
- create new lists
• Added support for viewing images in direct messages
• Added ability to copy discussions from the share menu
While many – including myself – may have seen Twitterrific as a Twitter client with not enough features for a power user, its latest update will do a lot to calm those complaints. There was also a bunch of bug fixes and improvements to performance included.
If you’ve already got the app installed, check for updates. If not, the app has been dropped to just $0.99 for a limited time (£0.69 in the UK).