We were really impressed by the Evomail+ email client for iPhone that launched last week. The interface is intuitive and we thought it struck the right balance between productive triaging and conversational email. One complaint was that we couldn’t have the app on our iPads too. But thanks to an update today, Evomail+ is now a universal app with iPad support.
The interface looks and works much the same as the iPhone version but is optimized for that larger iPad canvas. The company say that they have plans to “release a customized iPad experience in the future” which could mean further improvements to the iPad version in future, with iPad-specific functionality.
As well as updating to support the iPad, there are also a number of other enhancements and bug fixes which were needed.
Here are the release notes:
What’s New in Version 2.0.1
* Bug fixes!
* Evomail for iPad!
Evomail added a bit more information on the bug fixes on their blog:
Other updates Evomail+ users will see today include eight fixes for known bugs since launch.
- Updated message list filter handling
- Updated message view attachment cell file size color
- Fixed issue that inadvertently fetched the next message after dismissing a snooze or label selector
- Fixed issue that locked the message list after viewing a message
- Fixed attachment icon not appearing on message list and message view
- Fixed inadvertently removing Twitter notification alerts after following a team member
- Fixed tutorial background alignment issue
- And a host of other under-the-hood fixes and adjustments
All in all this is a promising sign for the email client. iPad support was needed to keep a consistent experience across devices and the bug fixes were certainly much needed.
The update is live in the App Store now. If you haven’t checked out Evomail+ yet, get it free for iPhone and iPad here.
Via: Evomail Blog