[UPDATE: BBM for iOS has just been updated on the App Store to include iPad and iPod touch support.
“What’s New in Version 18.104.22.168
– Support for iPod and iPad
– Invite BBM contacts to BBM Groups by Email
– ‘Tell your friends’ feature helps you connect with friends on BBM
– Quickly share your BBM PIN and PIN barcode to your social networks
– Fixes an issue where some users would be missing BBM Contact names
– Resolves some issues experienced in right to left language support
– Bug fixes and performance improvements”
From the looks of things, it’s not been made to look particularly wonderful on the iPad. In fact, it’s not been properly optimized for iPad at all, it’s the iPhone app blown up to twice the size. Kinda ridiculous in truth.
App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bbm/id690046600]
BlackBerry confirmed via its Twitter account this morning that its massively popular messenger app is going to be made available to iPad and iPod touch users at some point today. It’s not known exactly when the app will arrive on the App Store, but, if you want to be first to find out you should follow @BBM and wait for the announcement.
In terms of how the company will distribute PINs, I’m not sure. And it’s the first question on my mind. Will it have a multi-device single PIN so that I can send messages from any of my iOS devices and have them all update at once (like iMessage), or will I have to have individual ones for my iPad, iPad mini and iPhone? Hopefully, it’s the former. It certainly makes most sense.
Via: BBM on Twitter