1. Activate a notification on the iPhone by sending a message to the device or ejecting the SIM.
2. Swipe the notification to the right while also swiping the camera icon up at the same time.
3. Without taking you finger of the camera icon, press the emergency call button.
4. Type a number in and then tap on the call button quickly two or three time, causing the SpringBoard to crash.
5. When the SpringBoard relaunches you’ll be able to make any calls on the phone, not just emergency numbers.
The steps, as you can see in the video, allow you to make a phone call to any number simply by using the emergency call screen. I tried this out, and was able to successfully replicate the glitch on my first try. Afterwards I was able to do so consistently a few more times without issue, so it isn’t hard to do at all. It is likely that the next iOS update will include a patch for this, and it probably will come sooner than Apple had hoped to release another update.
What do you think? Are you able to replicate it? Wondering who has the time to find these things? Let us know in the comments, or tweet me @TiP_Kyle.