Apple has released a lot of software today now that the developer center’s software downloads have gone back online. Alongside things such as iOS 7 beta 4, iTunes 11.1 beta 1, and more is the update to the Apple TV 5.4 which goes to beta 3 now. Included in the update are things like bug fixes and set up via an iOS device running iOS 7. Here is the change log:
Notes: You can now use an iOS 7 device to set up an Apple TV after restoring or resetting all settings. (iPhone 4 and iPad 2 are not supported.)
– Apple TV may not connect to the Internet on first boot after an iTunes Restore when using Ethernet.
– Music playback may skip over tracks when AirPlay is engaged.
– AirPlay of audio from the Music app may fail to start up properly.
– Attempting to delete a station in iTunes Radio may cause Apple TV to crash.
– Switching between Apple IDs may cause music libraries to fail to load.
– Audio volume may increase dramatically during AirPlay.
– When using AirPlay to send music to Apple TV, advancing to the next track may fail.
– You may notice these issues when fast-forwarding 3rd party content:
– Audio continues to play while video is fast-forwarding.
– Resuming playback after fast-forwarding can result in a temporarily stuck video frame.
– Apple TV may become sluggish or unresponsive immediately after signing in to an iTunes Store account.
– iTunes Match or Purchased music content may not be listed alphabetically. Use Search as an alternative for finding content.
The new setup feature won’t work for those on an iPhone 4 or iPad 2 (why? not sure) however those that are eligible will have the opportunity to do so with this update. Other than that feature, there are a lot of bug fixes for the most part.
What do you think? Interested in the Apple TV update? Wondering if games and apps will ever make their way over? Let us know in the comments, or tweet me @TiP_Kyle.