Three great apps to tell you about today, so without further ado:
1. Photoshop Touch launched for iPhone
It’s finally here! Photoshop Touch has been launched for iPhone after spending months as an iPad exclusive. It’s very similar to the iPad software, except on a much smaller screen. In fact, it’s got all the main features you’d expect to have on a Photoshop application.
“Much like the tablet version, Photoshop Touch on the phone has core Photoshop features like layers, advanced selections tools, adjustments and filters. We also packed in features exclusive to Photoshop Touch, like Scribble Selection for high-precision selections using only your finger, and Camera Fill for real-time creative blending of your camera feed with layers. This app features the same creative filters as the tablet version, like Color Drops and Acrylic Paint, and also a new Ripple filter.”
Sadly, it’s not a universal download, so you will have to pay to download the iPhone version even if you already have it on your iPad. The app costs $4.99/£2.99 on the App Store.
2. Amazon Cloud Player optimized for iPad
Amazon just dropped version 2.0 of its iOS Cloud Player app on the App Store with a nifty new feature: iPad optimization. It’s available from today and is a free download. It’s been given a slightly refreshed new look too. If you already have it on your iPhone but not on iPad, hit this link to download it.
3. Spotify gets a new design
Last but not least, Spotify’s been given something of a facelift. It’s not a massive new look, but version 0.6.0 has a slew of new navigation options.
From the description:
• New: Shiny new interface. You can navigate around the app with a new sidebar. Check it out by swiping left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
• New: Now Playing bar. You’ll always see what you’re listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, just swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
• New: Track menu. Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
All-in-all it should make the app much more user-friendly and intuitive. App Store link.