Since ceasing to exist as a standard iOS app, the YouTube app has become increasingly more attractive and useful. One of the biggest frustrations for me – however – was that I’ve been without an iPad optimized version of the app since iOS 6 landed in September. Thankfully, my wait is over, and Google has heard my call. Hot on the heels of its Gmail refresh, YouTube comes in with a slew of new features that seek to make it an irresistible download.
YouTube version 126.96.36.19936 highlights from the App Store description:
* Optimized for iPad and iPhone 5
* Stream videos with AirPlay
* Tap logo to open your Guide of channels
* Add and remove videos from your playlists
* Clickable links in video descriptions
* Improved accessibility with VoiceOver
So, not only is it finally optimized for iPad consumption, it also streams to AirPlay devices and makes use of Apple’s VoiceOver feature for those with impaired vision. Fantastic.
If you already have the YouTube app, it’s a free upgrade. If not: hit this link.