Letterpress has become something of a craze, at least among nerds, designers and typographers. The game was designed by the inventor of “pull to refresh” which initially entered our lives within the Tweetie app for iPhone (later became the official Twitter app). Loren Brichter, the designer turned his hand to this addictive word creation game. Version 1.1 has just hit the App Store and it features some tasty new features:
- Rematch! (requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Option to silence sounds. FYI I worked really hard on those sounds. No, no, go ahead, turn off the sounds if you want.
- Added words to the dictionary (and removed a few goofs).
- Fixed “Tell a Friend” via Facebook. People use Facebook?
- Clearer instructions. Yes, days of the week are proper nouns. No, they are not allowed.
- Handle servers errors a bit better. CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT’S SOME GNARLY CODE.
- Less bugs! Not that I’m saying there were any bugs before. But there are definitely fewer now.
- Fixed syncing deleted games across devices.
- Tiles are now tappier when you tap tiles fast. Tap tappity tap tap.
- I like cookies.
- Send Game Center friend requests right from the app! Holy moly! So cool! Friend your friends with the friendlier friender!
- In-app purchases are less forgetful.
- Does anybody read these? Helloooooo?
Undoubtedly, it’s one of the best app update descriptions on the App Store. It’s the first time I’ve read one. Also, spot the Happy Gilmore reference? I did.