Pinch, punch, it’s the first of the month! To be specific, it’s the first of November, the beginning of a month where’s men’s health awareness grows massively thanks to the trendy Movember campaign where men (who are able to) grow hair on their upper lips to raise money for charity. Along with it comes the Movember Mobile app for iPhone.
Version 2.0 has been released just in time for this year’s campaign nicknamed “Movember and Son’s”. It promises to have everything you need to log your “Movember journey”. Essentially, you take a mug shot every day for 30 days, and produce an animated GIF at the end of the month that shows your growth over the month. List of updates from within the App Store listing:
* Mo Tracker – Take a series of photos to track your moustache growth (mo-gress) and the Mo Tracker creates a stop motion video which you can share on your Mo Space or favorite social network as an animated GIF or video
* Mo Tracker reminders (in Settings) to encourage you to take a daily photo
* Registration for Movember 2012 from within the app
* Receive donations by linking to your Mo Space (via mobile web)
* Improved Mo Space functionality including:
- Rewards – See what you can earn at different fundraising milestones
- Gallery – View Gallery photos and add new photos to Gallery
- Share My Mo Space – Share via email and social networks
* Improved social sharing to Request, Recruit and Share (added Google+ and LinkedIn)
* Health Cards – Health guidance for each decade of a man’s life
* Support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6
* Ability to share the app with others (from Settings)
* Improved interface and stability
Personally, I’m all for supporting this. Sadly, my genetics are awful, and virtually the only place I can’t grow substantial hair above my shoulders is just under my nose. Anyway, before I get completely side-tracked by own lack of facial hair development: you can download the app for free from the App Store. It’s compatible with iPhone and iPod touch as long as you’re running iOS 4.3 or later.
Are you joining in this month? Let us know in the comments.