Apple has just released the iBooks 3.0 update on the iOS App Store, and it’s pretty sweet. Any books you’ve downloaded before (not samples, only full books) will appear in the “Purchased Books” collection – though this does include free books you downloaded on a whim, and you can’t remove them.
The most notable feature, however, is the ability to scroll through your books vertically, rather than using the “page flip” motion that iBooks is famous for. This is a very nice addition, as I’ve always found reading in iBooks to be less enjoyable than just reading web pages. It also has a feature for quickly sharing quotes from your books on Facebook or Twitter, which is a nice addition for those of us who love to over-share.
Everything new in 3.0:
• See all your iBookstore purchases in iCloud—right on your bookshelf with iOS 6
• Scroll vertically through your books with the flick of a finger using the new Scroll theme
• Receive free updates to purchased books—including new chapters, corrections, and other improvements
• Look up definitions for words in German, Spanish, French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese with iOS 6
• Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
Via: App Store